To find the MAC/Physical Address/Ethernet ID on a PC:
- Click the Start menu button on the Windows taskbar.
- Type ‘cmd’ in the text box that appears and then press ENTER. A black “command prompt” window launches on the desktop.
- In this command window, type ‘ipconfig /all’ and press ENTER.
- Look for Physical Address.
- The one listed under Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection is for your wired connection.
- The one listed under Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection is for your wireless connection.
From the start menu, go to the “Run” option. Type “cmd” in the text box and then click “Okay”.
In the window that pops up, type “ipconfig /all” and hit Enter.
In the information that results, look for “Physical Address….:”. It will be listed under “Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection”. The numbers on that line will be the Ethernet address.