Simulation & Optimization for Power Generation Systems using MeshWorks2020
The CAE workflows evaluate and analysis “what if” scenarios faster and optimize the design for all multiphysics scenarios with required trade off studies until the desired function and durability are reached. This has brought tremendous focus on CAE tools and on their increasing ability to give extra options to users who are trying to meet compressing product development cycles. MeshWorks from DEP presented as part of this webinar addresses how we can develop high quality mesh models faster for turbine blades and housings. The ability to do design changes right on the mesh data without waiting for CAD besides interfacing with state of the art tools like ANSYS Workbench / SIMULIA adds pace to virtual validation. Parametric Mesh Modeling in MeshWorks and its interface with optimizers help address and solve thermo structural problems effectively.
Topics that will be covered in this webinar:
- Tetra Meshing features for Turbines – Showcasing the different tetra meshing functionalities of MeshWorks for Turbine Blade including auto parameterization proficiencies.
- Hexa Meshing for Turbine Blades – Live examples of hexa meshing capabilities of MeshWorks for rotor blades to optimize design and ensure maximum output.
- Gear House Meshing – Demonstration of Tetra and Hex Meshing for Turbine Housing / Gear housing in Wind Turbines.
- Meshing for Solar Power System components – Illustrations of Gear Hex Mesh or Gear box Tetra meshing specially for Slew drive in solar applications.
- Workflow with ANSYS Workbench – Demonstration of the ACT Interface that shows the handshake between MeshWorks models and ANSYS.
How does MeshWorks 2020 differ from the current tools available?
|Process using other tools||Process using DEP MeshWorks|
|Ability to do design changes / improvements without waiting for CAD||None||Unique / Efficient|
|Auto parameterizing the mesh model for What if scenario studies||Limited||Efficient|
|Fast and High-Quality HEX Meshing for Turbine Blades||None||Unique / Efficient|